Caleruega: Soul searching

 


   A short trip that was not my intention at all. Due to weariness of city life, the hustle and bustle, noise pollution and disturbance my   feet wants to go south and  my heart desires  to be  in a place like a  sanctuary, my destination: Caleruega,  down south  far from city life. Travel begins as early as 3 in the morning to catch the  early bus and  to avoid    traffic  of morning rush,  and   arrive early and start roaming around.

So,  here I am at Caleruega, my world stops for  about  a quarter of time, fresh air, nice people and  beautiful morning,   where the sunrise slowly greeting  the   sky and I cannot help but to be excited, a rush of feeling seeing the place, slowly and in precision,  I felt relieved and  my soul is healed as  I approach the place, a  20 minute  walk from the  national road is such a  good experience,  my sweat  is slowly  pouring out  from the  pores of my skin and  my  heart beat so fast not because  I am tired but  I am  excited to  see the  sanctuary, rest, meditate and have a  self-realization.

Mountain View along  the road  going to Caleruega
An entrance fee of  30 pesos and the money  is used as additional fund for  church, and it is okay – an amount worth to be paid. Every employee is busy, gardeners are  busy trimming the wedges, planting and  cutting the  old and dying branches of a tree and the atmosphere is serene, a happy one and everyone is smiling greeting  you : “Magandang umaga po” with a smile, and  you feel the impact  of being  welcome as  brother not  a visitor and I am happy J


Hanging bridge  going to other  side  that connects human lost touch to nature




"Soul searching is good not only for oneself, it  is  a medicine for the shattered soul, heart at lost and tired life that losses our  sanity as  we live in our day to day life, a bridge  that gap  lost human connection to God and the life within, A  food for our thoughts and humanity."



Nature and bath

Happy Feet  will never get tired of  walking the road no matter  what the  distance is.


"If there is one thing I have   learned and found out: We are  blessed  with so many good things in life that we  tends to whine  all the time, we  do not appreciate the value of what we have until it is lost in the time  of tide."


So why not visit the place? One thing for sure once in your life you needed a soul searching trip and Caleruega is one of the place  to be visited, right? It may be a short trip but  it is  sweet and full of memories. Join me next time as I take the  road less  traveled that leads  to humanity.  Until then. J



All Rights Reserved 2018 ™






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Side Trip: Tiaong and Candelaria Quezon

Pista ng Itim na Nazareno

Travel and Coffee